Advantages of polymer lithium battery:
1. The operating voltage of the single cell is as high as 3.6v~3.8v, which is much higher than the 1.2V voltage of Ni-MH and Ni-Cd batteries.
2. The capacity density is large, and the capacity density is 1.5 to 2.5 times or higher of the nickel-hydrogen battery or the nickel-cadmium battery.
3. Self-discharge is small, and its capacity loss is small after being placed for a long time.
4. Long life, normal use of its cycle life can reach more than 500 times.
5. There is no memory effect. It is not necessary to empty the remaining power before charging, which is convenient to use.
6. Good safety performance
The polymer lithium battery is made of aluminum plastic flexible packaging, which is different from the metal outer casing of the liquid battery. Once the safety hazard occurs, the liquid battery is easy to explode, and the polymer battery core can only be air drum.
7. Small thickness, can be made thinner
Ultra-thin, the battery can be assembled into a credit card. Ordinary liquid lithium battery adopts the method of customizing the outer casing first, and then plugging the positive and negative materials. The thickness is 3.6mm or less, there is a technical bottleneck. The polymer battery core does not have this problem, and the thickness can be less than 1mm, which meets the needs of current mobile phones. direction.
8. Light weight
A battery using a polymer electrolyte does not require a metal shell as a protective outer package. The weight of the polymer battery is 40% lighter than the steel shell lithium battery of the same capacity specification, which is 20% lighter than the aluminum shell battery.
9. Large capacity
The polymer battery has a capacity of 10-15% higher than that of the same size steel shell battery, which is 5-10% higher than that of the aluminum shell battery. It is the first choice for color screen mobile phones and MMS mobile phones. Nowadays, the new color screen and MMS mobile phones on the market are mostly used. Polymer batteries.
10. Small internal resistance
The internal resistance of the polymer battery core is smaller than that of the general liquid battery. At present, the internal resistance of the domestic polymer battery core can even be less than 35mΩ, which greatly reduces the self-consumption of the battery and prolongs the standby time of the mobile phone. The level of integration with the international. This polymer lithium battery that supports large discharge currents is an ideal choice for remote control models and is the most promising alternative to nickel-metal hydride batteries.
11. Shape can be customized
Manufacturers are not limited to standard shapes and can be economically made to the right size. Polymer batteries can increase or decrease the thickness of batteries according to customers' needs. Develop new battery models, which are cheap, open cycle is short, and some can even be customized according to the shape of mobile phones to make full use of battery casing space and upgrade batteries. capacity.
12. Good discharge characteristics
The polymer battery uses a colloidal electrolyte, which has a smooth discharge characteristic and a higher discharge platform than a liquid electrolyte.
13. The protection board is simple in design
Due to the use of polymer materials, the battery core does not ignite or explode, and the battery core itself has sufficient safety. Therefore, the protective circuit design of the polymer battery can be considered to omit the pTC and the fuse, thereby saving battery cost.
Disadvantages of polymer lithium batteries:
1. The battery cost is high and the electrolyte system is difficult to purify.
2. It is necessary to protect the line control. Overcharge or overdischarge will destroy the reversibility of the internal chemical substances of the battery, thus seriously affecting the life of the battery.