Because lithium batteries are rapidly replacing lead-acid batteries, some people have switched to lithium-ion battery electric vehicles after buying lead-acid battery electric vehicles, but at the same time they can't help but question: Can the lead-acid battery chargers use lithium batteries? Charging? In this regard, relevant information shows that this is not feasible.
This is because the lead-acid battery charger is generally set to a two-stage or three-stage charging mode, and the voltage levels of the lithium battery and the lead-acid battery are not matched. There are also many kinds of lithium batteries, and the battery performance and battery protection board parameters may be different. Therefore, lithium batteries do not have the same general-purpose battery charger as lead-acid batteries. In general, lithium batteries are shipped with a dedicated charger. In order to protect the lithium battery, it is best to use a corresponding dedicated charger.
The following are the things to pay attention to when charging a lithium battery:
1. In order to extend the life of the lithium battery, it is necessary to charge and discharge the lithium battery frequently. It is necessary to develop a habit of charging 80% of the electric power used by riding electric vehicles. Do not charge until all the electricity is used up. In addition, lithium batteries should not be stored for a long time.
2. When charging the battery for charging the electric vehicle, the electric door lock must be turned off and the battery cannot be turned upside down. When charging, it should be fully charged at one time. It should not be charged multiple times, which will affect the service life of the battery.
3, electrical appliances should not be stored in a state of loss of power, even if the battery is not used when stored, it should be filled with electricity once a month.
4. Lithium battery needs to use the matching charger when charging. Because the battery raw material and lithium battery production process are different, the technical requirements of the charger are different. Therefore, only the special charger can be used to make the lithium battery last longer. And prevent safety hazards.
5. When the lithium battery is out of power, the power supply should be turned off, and the voltage should not be used to prevent serious power loss, so as to extend the battery life.
6. When charging the lithium battery of the electric vehicle, float the battery for 1 to 2 hours when the charging indicator shows full power. It is not necessary to stop charging immediately when the display is full.