When many users determine the UpS power, due to the trouble of funds and the lack of understanding of the UpS power supply, the power of the UpS is often selected from the capacity of the current equipment room. This will cause the UpS power capacity to be the same or slightly larger than the load power. In fact, this choice is not wise. When purchasing an UpS power supply, determine the UpS power supply that meets the needs based on factors such as its own grid conditions, power environment, natural environment, special requirements for power equipment, application, and maintenance levels. It is recommended that the user determine the selected UpS power from the following aspects.
1. Determine the type of UpS required
1) According to the load on the output stability, switching time, output waveform requirements to determine the choice of online, online interactive, backup and sine wave, square wave and other types of UpS. The output stability and transient response capability of the online UpS are stronger than the other two, and the adaptability to nonlinear loads and inductive loads is also strong. On-line UpS is required for some more sophisticated equipment and more important equipment. Avoid using interactive and backup styles in areas where there is a large range of utility fluctuations. If you want to use a generator with a short delay UpS, the online UpS is recommended.
2) UpS is the basic power supply equipment, and the most important is reliability. In general, the MTBF (mean time between failures) of the higher power UpS is much higher than the MTBF of the low power UpS. Therefore, it is necessary to select a higher power UpS from the viewpoint of reliability.
3) From the perspective of investment cost or expansion, it is recommended that users take an investment and once in place according to the construction funds and business development in the next three to five years; or build and upgrade, expand and expand. UpS products avoid the loss of duplicate investment due to factors such as insufficient funds or inadequate business development forecasts.
2. Determine the required capacity of UpS. If there is no special industry-standard requirement, it is recommended to consider the following schemes: 1) Calculate the sum of all loads (S=S1+S2+...+Sn), unit: VA; Capacity of UpS≥ S÷0.8 (considering the impact resistance of UpS and the need for expansion)
2), the backup full load power supply time is not less than 30 minutes.
After determining the power value of the UpS power supply, you also need to consider the standby time of the UpS: standard type, the standby time is 5 to 10 minutes; the long delay, the standby time is 1 to 8 hours, ensuring long-term operation; Customized for special needs of users.
3, consider the performance of power failure protection and battery backup time
UpS power can be divided into standard type and long delay type according to standby time. The standard UpS has a standby time of 5-15 minutes and a long-lasting type of 1-8 hours or even longer. If your equipment is out of power, you only need to save and exit. It is recommended to use the standard UpS. If your equipment still needs to operate for a long time when it is out of power, you must use the long-lasting UpS.
4, additional features
In order to improve the reliability of the system, it is recommended to use the UpShot backup system, which can consider serial hot backup or parallel hot backup. Redundant switches are also available for small-capacity UpS (1 to 2KVA). The remote monitoring panel can be used to monitor and control the UpS at the remote end. Monitoring software can be used to realize intelligent management between computer and UpS. Network adapters can be used to implement UpS network management (based on SNMP). In some rainy and thunderous areas, lightning arresters can be used. Also, consider whether you can use the network and protect the peripherals. Because the peripherals are getting more and more complete (such as printers, scanners), this part of the equipment also needs protection. Is there cable surge protection and data line surge protection? Is it possible to perform an automatic system shutdown when unattended? In addition, because the UpS of the user's commercial desktop is placed on its own side, the product design style, The manufacturing process is also considered.
5, service capabilities
The network characteristics and power environment of each user are different, and the power protection requirements also change. Users may encounter different problems when using UpS. Users want to purchase products and services that are completely suitable for actual needs and care about the short-term, long-term return and investment risks of equipment investment. The reality is that the vast majority of users lack professionals in this area. Therefore, a high-quality service system and an active service attitude have become an important factor that users must consider when purchasing an UpS power supply.