After the lithium-ion battery is produced, it needs to carry out a series of tests before reaching the consumer to ensure the safety of the battery and reduce the safety hazard.
1. Extrusion test: Place the fully charged battery on a flat surface, apply a 13±1KN pressing force by a hydraulic cylinder, and squeeze the battery from a 32mm diameter steel rod. Once the extrusion pressure reaches the maximum stop. Squeeze, the battery does not ignite, it does not explode.
2. Impact test: After the battery is fully charged, it is placed on a flat surface. The steel column with a diameter of 15.8 mm is placed vertically in the center of the battery, and the weight of 9.1 kg is freely dropped from the height of 610 mm onto the steel column above the battery. The battery can't be fired or exploded.
3, Overcharge test: the battery is fully charged with 1C, according to 3C overcharge 10V overcharge test, when the battery overcharges the voltage rises to a certain voltage for a certain period of time, the battery voltage rises rapidly when it reaches a certain time, when it rises to When the limit is high, the battery high cap is broken, the voltage drops to 0V, and the battery does not catch fire or explode.
4. Short-circuit test: After fully charging the battery, short-circuit the positive and negative electrodes of the battery with a wire with a resistance of not more than 50mΩ, and test the surface temperature of the battery. The maximum temperature of the battery surface is 140°C. The battery cap is opened, the battery does not ignite or explode. .
5. Acupuncture test: Place the fully charged battery on a flat surface and pierce the battery radially with a 3 mm diameter steel needle. The test battery can't be fired or exploded.
6. Temperature cycling test: Lithium-ion battery temperature cycling test is used to simulate the safety of lithium-ion batteries during repeated transportation to low-temperature and high-temperature environments during lithium ion battery transportation. The test is to use rapid and extreme temperature. The change is going on. After the test, the sample should not ignite, explode, or leak.