1. The early failure of the UPS battery means that the battery pack has only a few months or one year in use. The performance of individual batteries deteriorates sharply, and the capacity is less than 80% of the rated value, which leads to the fundamental failure of the UPS battery. The reason is that the positive and negative plates in the battery are out of contact with the electrolyte in the AGM separator.
2. The performance life of the UPS battery depends on the materials used to manufacture the positive and negative plates, the industrial environment, the composition of the active substance purity, and the use environment and maintenance. It has a very important impact.
3. Individual early failure of UPS batteries in a group of UPS batteries is generally caused by some accidental factors in the production process. For example, when welding the pole group, tiny lead particles fall into the pole group, and the amount of acid is not controlled. Strict, unqualified components, some raw materials are unqualified, etc.
UPS battery failure and scrapping process
(1) Clean the top of all batteries;
(2) Sort the batteries according to the same brand and model;
(3) Pick out all those with damaged appearance, corrosion, or leakage, and this part will not be repaired;
(4) Arranged according to the even-numbered sequence, which is convenient for connecting the positive and negative electrodes;
(5) Connect the battery with the connection bar;
(6) Connect the charger to the positive and negative poles;
(7) Charge for one hour, discharge after detecting the UPS battery, and detect whether there is a short circuit or open circuit;
(8) When the repair conditions are met, connect the discharge system as required;
(9) Adjust the standard data of the discharge system to make it conform to the standard of the battery;
(10) Start the discharge, add deionized water according to the ratio of 1: 1 after the discharge point, and add 10% of the regenerant;
(11) Charge for 16 hours and then discharge.
The UPS battery will be in a floating charge state for a long time, and the activity of the mutual conversion of battery chemical energy and electrical energy will be reduced over time, which will accelerate aging and shorten the service life. Therefore, it should be fully discharged once every 2-3 months to allow the UPS battery to discharge for a period of time, which can not only activate the UPS battery, but also check whether the battery is in a normal state. At the same time, the UPS should continue to charge in a timely manner for a long time to prevent failure due to the failure of the UPS battery.