Generally speaking, lead-acid batteries are mainly composed of positive plate, negative plate, separator, battery tank cover (container), electrolyte and other parts.
1. Polar plate: An electrode composed of an active material and a supporting conductive grid, divided into a positive plate and a negative plate. The grid is generally composed of lead-antimony alloy and lead-calcium alloy. The positive plate active material is PbO2 and the color is brown , Tan, red-brown, the negative electrode plate active material is spongy metallic lead (Pb), the color is gray, light gray, dark gray.
2. Separator: It is placed between the positive and negative plates of the battery and is composed of electrical insulating materials that allow ions to pass through. It can completely block the short circuit of the positive and negative electrodes, usually PE separator, rubber, plastic, composite glass fiber separator, 10G, AGM separator, etc.
3. Electrolyte (substance): liquid or solid phase substance containing mobile ion conductivity. It has a conductive effect and participates in the flow reaction. The density of the electrolyte of a lead-acid battery is related to the place where it is used. Relatively speaking, the density of the electrolyte used in electric vehicle batteries is higher.
4. Battery tank: A container that contains the electrolyte of the battery group without being corroded by the electrolyte, generally made of hard rubber or plastic.
5. Components: battery cover, threaded liquid hole plug, safety valve, top cover, positive and negative poles, etc.