The battery is the main source of power for electric vehicles. The quality of the battery will directly affect the mileage of the electric vehicle and the life of the battery. The electric vehicle batteries commonly found on the market today include lead-acid batteries, lithium batteries, nickel-cadmium batteries, and nickel-hydrogen batteries. There are many types of battery brands, and the options are relatively high. So, how to choose the battery of electric vehicles? Which electric car battery brands are worth starting? Let’s take a look.
1. Electric vehicle battery type
Lead-acid batteries: Lead-acid batteries are all called sealed maintenance-free lead-acid batteries, which have the advantages of low price, large capacity and mature technology. Lead-acid batteries are also the main source of power for electric vehicles on the market. The shortcoming of the US-China deficiency is that the weight of lead-acid batteries is still slightly heavier.
Lithium battery: A lithium battery is a type of battery that uses a lithium metal or a lithium alloy as a negative electrode material and uses a nonaqueous electrolyte solution. The lithium battery is compact and lightweight, and is more efficient, safer and more environmentally friendly than traditional lead-acid batteries. Very suitable for seniors and female friends. The disadvantage of lithium batteries is that the price is slightly higher.
Nickel-cadmium battery: Nickel-cadmium battery is the biggest advantage because of its light weight and long life. Nickel-cadmium batteries can be repeatedly charged and discharged more than 500 times, which is more durable. The disadvantages are higher price, lower capacity, shorter cruising range, and a nickel-cadmium battery with a memory effect.
Nickel-metal hydride batteries: Ni-MH batteries have higher energy than nickel-cadmium batteries and have a longer cruising range. At the same time, it also overcomes the shortcomings of the memory effect of nickel-cadmium batteries. Recently, the price has also decreased with the increase of output. At present, some electric vehicles have begun to use nickel-hydrogen batteries.
2, electric car battery purchase
First, pay attention to indicators such as battery capacity and voltage.
The battery is the most important power source for electric vehicles. Different electric capacity, power and driving distance make the price difference of electric vehicles 2 to 3 times. Therefore, when purchasing, it is necessary to find out how many volts and how many amps the electric vehicle battery is. Under normal circumstances, the electric vehicle battery 48 volts 20 amps is longer than the 36 volts 10 amps after full charge. Generally speaking, the larger the battery's capacity and power, the higher the price.
Second, ask the warranty period of the electric vehicle and the specific warranty content.
Merchants generally promise that the battery warranty is one year, but the business said that the "one year" is divided into time slots: generally refers to the quality problem within six months from the date of purchase, replace the new battery, six months to one year replacement Older maintenance batteries are not responsible for problems that occur after one year of use. Therefore, when purchasing a battery car, consumers should negotiate with the merchant for the specific warranty period and corresponding contents of the battery, and indicate on the warranty card to avoid consumer disputes.
Third, choose brands, services and word of mouth
Brands, services and word of mouth are the best ways to promote electric cars. When consumers buy, they must not only choose good quality electric vehicles, but also better than service and brand. Pay attention to whether the products have after-sales service points in the region, and how to express their reputation in terms of service quality and reputation. In the event of a failure, it can be resolved in the shortest possible time.
3. Electric vehicle battery charging method
(1) After buying a car (or replacing the battery), the battery should have about 80% of the power. When you get home, you should charge it. The time is 4 hours after the charger is turned on, so it takes three times.
(2) Afterwards (36v rides 10km, 48v rides 15km), it is necessary to insist on charging, but the charging time should not be too long, one hour after the charger is turned on. When charging, it is better to undercharge, and do not overcharge, otherwise the battery will be charged because of lack of water, bulging, swelling. Causes irreparable damage to the battery.
(3) Do not allow water to enter the battery case to cause the battery in the housing to be connected.
(4) Completely discharge once a month (ride to the "undervoltage" light) and then charge for 12 hours.
(5) Conditionally adjust the cells in the whole battery, and pass the warranty period of the battery (especially in the summer), and add 3-4 ml of each monomer to the battery every three or four months. Deionized water (Wahaha pure water is also available).
(6) Once you find that the charger does not turn green or turn green when you charge, be sure to check if the charger has a problem or lose water.
(7) The discharge port and charging port of the whole battery should be kept clean at all times to prevent copper rust from coming to the contact point, resulting in overheating and damage caused by poor contact.
(8) If you have a foot, try to start with your foot. Do not load too much and accelerate slowly. Do not get on the car and give it a power start. A set of batteries can be used for more than 5 years with proper charging and normal maintenance. Many users only use 1-2 years to replace them, mainly caused by improper charging. Therefore, it is very important to master the correct charging method. Remember that the battery is not worn out, but is burnt.
4. How long is the battery life of electric vehicles?
Many people will be very entangled in the life of electric bicycle batteries. How long does a set of electric vehicle batteries (ie batteries) last? Why do some people's batteries last 2-3 years, and some people's batteries are scrapped in less than a year? How long is the life of an electric car battery? Generally speaking, lead batteries used in electric bicycles are consumables, and their service life is only 1.5-2.5 years. The length of life has a great relationship with the daily use and maintenance of users.
5, electric car battery maintenance
(1) Do not replace the charger at random, do not remove the speed limit of the controller.
Chargers from various manufacturers generally have individual needs, so don't change the charger when you are not sure. If the mileage requirement is longer, you must equip multiple chargers for off-site charging. Charge the charger for the daytime supplement with an additional charger, and use the original charger at night.
(2) Protect the charger
The general instructions for use have instructions for protecting the charger. Many users do not have the habit of reading the manual. They often think of looking for instructions after they have problems. It is often too late, so it is very necessary to read the manual first.
(3) Charging every day
Even if your continuation ability is not long, you can use it for 2 to 3 days, but it is recommended that you charge every day, so that the battery is in a shallow cycle and the battery life will be extended. Some early users of mobile phones think that it is better to recharge the battery after it has been basically used up. This view is wrong. The memory efficiency of lead-acid batteries is not so strong.
(4) Charging in time
The vulcanization process started after the battery was discharged, and at the beginning of 12 hours, significant vulcanization occurred. Timely charging can remove non-severe vulcanization. If not recharged in time, these vulcanized crystals will accumulate and gradually form coarse crystals. The general charger is powerless to these coarse crystals, which will gradually reduce the battery capacity and shorten the capacity. Battery life.
(5) Regular deep discharge
Regular periodic discharge of the battery also facilitates "activation" of the battery, which can slightly increase the capacity of the battery. The general method is to periodically discharge the battery completely. The method of full discharge is to ride to the first undervoltage protection under normal load conditions on a flat road. After the complete discharge is completed, the battery is fully charged. Will feel the battery capacity has improved.
(6) Develop some good habits of saving electricity
Use sliding as much as possible. When using the following slopes, use the early power-off slide to reduce the speed as much as possible. When you are about to encounter a traffic light, enter the taxi ahead of time to minimize the brakes. When starting up, it is best to add riding assistance, not only can increase the starting speed, but also reduce battery power loss and life damage.
(7) Pay attention to the charging environment
The best ambient temperature for charging is 25 °C. Most chargers now do not have an automatic control system that adapts to the ambient temperature, so most chargers are designed for an ambient temperature of 25 ° C, so charging at 25 ° C is better.
(8) Make full use of maintenance conditions
Many electric bicycle dealers can provide battery overhaul and repair services, and should make full use of these services. Some brands of electric bicycles have been proposed to overhaul the battery. For example, regular maintenance of the battery can reduce damage to the battery.