In 1859, the French physicist Gaston Planté developed the world's first lead-acid battery - the Planté lead-acid battery
First, the development history of lightweight lead-acid batteries, taking 20AH battery as an example:
(1) From 1995 to 2003, the domestic electric vehicle market began to take off, when the net weight of the 20AH battery was as high as 7.9 kg/head;
(2) During the period of rapid development of the electric vehicle market from 2003 to 2009, all industries of lead-acid batteries were seeking technological development. Under the condition of constant capacity, the battery was light and high, and the first step was taken; even then, at that time The net weight of the 20AH battery still reaches 7.5 kg / only;
(3) The watershed appeared in 2012. At that time, the whole industry has already controlled the net weight of the 20AH battery to 7.4 kg/only; but one company has developed a thick foundation with excellent technology and hoarded 7.2 kg/only. Why is this widening the gap? This refers to the first important milestone in the national policy of lead-acid batteries, that is, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology required the lead-acid industry to implement the production of cadmium-free batteries from 2012 onwards. The background of this incident was the environmental storm crisis that broke out in the industry at the end of 2011. At that time, it was not necessary to say more about the influence. Since then, battery production and environmental protection have been closely combined.
At that time, it was the company that took the lead in responding to the technical reform requirements of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology. With the introduction of the “internalization technology” of the sensational industry at the time, it not only conformed to the national standard, but also took the lead in the 20AH battery while ensuring the same capacity. The net weight control is 7.2 kg/only mentioned above, with one arrow and two sculptures, one stone and two birds. The company has won the 8th China Environmental Protection Award, the China Baosteel Environmental Award (with the industry's only one), thanks to the industry contribution of internalization technology. Award-winning company) "China Industrial Awards Recognition Award".
Speaking of this, as long as it is an old expert, basically guessed the origin of this company. Yes, it is the industry's highest level of research in the battery industry.
(4) Chaowei, which is far ahead of technology, in 2017, the net weight of 20AH battery was controlled at 6.75 kg/only through “direct casting welding technology”; at this time, the industry average is still at 6.9 kg/only, which is difficult to live in. .
(5) The situation in 2018 is even more severe. Compared with 2012, this is the second important milestone in the national policy of lead-acid batteries. As mentioned at the beginning of this article, because the country not only explicitly requires lightweight and high-energy technology reform, but also serves as an auxiliary management tool to promote the new national standard of electric vehicles, the future control will be very strict. At present, some markets have already learned the power of the new national standard. Dealers should be most touched.
At present, the most advanced of the lead-acid battery industry only realizes the net weight of 20AH battery at 6.6 kg/only; and Chaowei once again leads the technology, taking the lead in realizing the net weight of 20AH battery is 6.4 kg/only, and plans to promote it. The same is the specific energy of the 20AH battery, the national standard requirement is 38 watt-hours/kg; and the super-weibi energy has reached 40 watt-hours/kg or more.
Chaowei said that it will fully promote the series of lightweight high-energy batteries, providing safe, compliant and high-tech products for the whole vehicle and dealers in the new national standard era. The root cause of the recent out-of-stocks in Chaowei is actually because its factories are replacing the latest production lines introduced by Germany for new products, thus affecting some of the production capacity.
Second, the lead-acid battery is light and high-energy ushered in a milestone, and the energy technology upgrade is successful:
The net weight of a 20AH battery can reach 6.4 kg/only, and the specific energy is several times that of ordinary batteries. This is not only the second major milestone created by Chaowei for the lead-acid industry (the first is the birth of internalization technology). Chaowei's own first-stage milestone in lightweight and high-energy – super-weigao energy technology upgrade success!
It is reported that the new national standard battery has been listed in some areas of Chaowei. Because the large-scale production and promotion have not been fully realized, the current process cost of lightweight high-energy batteries is 10%-12% higher than that of the general products. However, Chaowei still invests 600-800 million yuan in research and development every year. Among them, it will continue to promote the level of light and high-energy lead-acid technology, and it is expected that the net weight of 20AH battery will be only 6.0 kg/only in 2019; in 2023, the net weight of 20AH battery will be exceeded to 5.0 kg/only in 2023. Once realized, the entire lead acid and even the entire vehicle industry will be overwhelming!
“Super Wei is not like a battery-making enterprise. It is more like a crazy technology company. It can actually put money in advanced technology research and development many years ago. At that time, I didn’t figure it out. I didn’t think of it now. "An objective evaluation of Chaowei by a competitor.
2025 is the year of "Made in China 2025". China will enter the ranks of manufacturing powers in this year. It has always been the electric vehicle and supporting lead storage battery industry in the grassroots industry. It is also in full swing to seek manufacturing upgrades and technology upgrades. The lead-acid enterprises represented by Chaowei are struggling for the technical requirements of lightweight and high-energy technology. It is also the hope that the country will continue to implement policy guidance and future planning for the industry in these years and in the future.
The history of the development of lightweight lead-acid batteries is witnessing the glorious chapter of Chinese manufacturing!